[Slackbuilds-users] xine plugin for libbluray

Christopher Culver crculver at christopherculver.com
Sun Jul 17 14:26:53 UTC 2016

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org>
writes:
>> libbluray.SlackBuild disables the xine plugin because it requires
>> xine-lib > 1.2.0
>>
>> Also, the README reads:
>> Note: The xine plugin has been disabled because it requires xine-lib >
>> 1.2.0.
>>
>> This seems not to be a problem in 14.2.
>
> Enabled in my branch

Unfortunately, your change has made libxine a hard dependency for
building libbluray. When I tried to upgrade today without xine-lib
installed on my system, the
build failed with the following output:

make: Entering directory '/media/BUILD/sbotmp/libbluray-0.9.2/player_wrappers/xine'
Package libxine was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxine.pc'
No package 'libxine' found
cc -O2 -fPIC -I/media/BUILD/sbotmp/package-libbluray/usr/include -O2 -fPIC -Wall -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64    -c -o input_bluray.o input_bluray.c
Package libxine was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxine.pc'
No package 'libxine' found
input_bluray.c:58:33: fatal error: xine/xine_internal.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
<builtin>: recipe for target 'input_bluray.o' failed
make: *** [input_bluray.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/media/BUILD/sbotmp/libbluray-0.9.2/player_wrappers/xine'

So, either the inclusion of the xine plugin should be made a soft
dependency in the Slackbuild (ideal, since relatively few people want to
install xine if Slackware already supplies gstreamer), or xine should be
added to the REQUIRES="" field of this slackbuild.