[Slackbuilds-users] shutter not working in 14.2

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Sun Jul 17 17:14:58 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 23:19 (+0700), Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:

>> when I try to run shutter in S64-14.2 I get
>> Can't use 'defined(@array)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at /usr/bin/shutter line 3557.

>> Can anyone let me know whether this is just me or whether it is
>> widespread?  (I saw some complaints about this from other distros on
>> the net, with claims that newer versions fix it, but that's them...)

> Since this package has deps of other perl packages, i wonder did you
> rebuilt all the deps against perl 5.22.2 in 14.2 ?

When you say "rebuilt", I'm not sure I understand your meaning.

To give more detail:
I did a fresh install of 14.2.
Then (for better or worse) installed Alien Bob's compat32 stuff.
Then I installed a bunch of SBos.

To refresh my memory, I removepkg'ed shutter and did
        sboinstall shutter
and it told me all the dependencies were already there.

Just in case it was a compat32 issue... I did a fresh install of 14.2
and installed the SBo packages on another system without (yet)
installing the compat32 packages.  That one also gives the same
message.

I haven't done much on this latter system yet, so I'm not sure what I
could have messed up, if anything.

Cheers.

                                Jim