[Slackbuilds-users] Building Gnote: problem with Boost headers

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Mon Jul 18 07:00:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm currently trying to build Gnote, a nifty little note-taking
application I've been using for a few years now. For those who don't
know Gnote, it's Tomboy rewritten in C++.

Gnote 0.8.4 builds fine under Slackware 14.1. Here's the source:

http://www.microlinux.fr/microlinux/desktop-14.1-source/xap/gnote/

I tried to build that exact version under Slackware 14.2 for a start,
but ./configure spews out a puzzling error:

checking for LIBGLIBMM... yes
checking for GTK... yes
checking for LIBGTKMM... yes
checking for LIBXML... yes
checking for LIBXSLT... yes
checking for PCRE... yes
checking for UUID... yes
checking for Boost headers version >= 1.34.0... yes
checking for Boost's header version...
configure: error: invalid value: boost_major_version=

Any idea what's missing here?

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat