[Slackbuilds-users] Building Gnote: problem with Boost headers

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:33:53 UTC 2016

> checking for Boost headers version >= 1.34.0... yes
> checking for Boost's header version...
> configure: error: invalid value: boost_major_version=

This is a bug in an old version of the boost.m4 file that is included
with some older software. If you substitute this file for m4/boost.m4,
it will probably work.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GNOME/gnote/master/m4/boost.m4

We fixed this for ibus-pinyin early in the 14.2 cycle so if you
examine this commit you will see what to do ;)

https://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/commit/misc/ibus-pinyin?id=8e858ff370338bcdabe42424fda3e91865336e7d

Looking at the dependencies that Arch uses, there seems to be a good
chance that newer versions of gnote will build on 14.2.  Just use the
latest commit from the relevant branch and make sure that m4/boost.m4
is new enough.

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/gnote/

-D.