[Slackbuilds-users] Moving stuff to gis/ ?

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 12:06:33 UTC 2016

That's kinda it, but a newer, forked version (
https://github.com/SickRage/SickRage -- apparently there was a bunch of
drama so most the developers decided to fork it and leave the main project).

Hmm... obviously I didn't go with either of those, but they were both under
consideration. I ended up under network, since it hosts a page and
downloads stuff from the internet. I thought that python might relate to
just libraries used by other programs (stuff that generally installs as a
python module), and it doesn't actually do anything multimedia related
other than grabbing files that can be deemed multimedia and tracking those
files.

But I'm totally open to moving it, because, as I said, I wasn't sure what
category would best fit the package.

Now that you brought up the python aspect, I'm curious about another
package I'll be submitting, acd_cli (https://github.com/yadayada/acd_cli).
It is a python script to allow you CLI access to an Amazon Cloud Drive,
which can be useful for backups. It is python based, but I figured it
seemed to best fit under network since it provides access to remote
storage. Should I consider moving this to the python category too?