[Slackbuilds-users] Community Challenge! Help fix the last few SlackBuilds for 14.2

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 18 23:33:08 UTC 2016

> What's the current status on having Slackbuilds available and working for
> the impending Slackware 14.2 release and even for current pre-14.2 builds?

> What's the current status on having Slackbuilds available and working for
> the impending Slackware 14.2 release and even for current pre-14.2 builds?

Updated SlackBuilds for almost-14.2 are being developed in and are
available from the master branch in the SBo git repository. I thought
everybody knew that by now. Sorry if you missed it.
https://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/

If you use (for example) sbopkg you can configure it to use the git
master branch. (I'm not sure I remember how, so I'll leave that to
someone else if you're stuck.)

If you prefer manual builds, it might be easiest just to clone the
whole repository.
git clone git://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds.git

The good news is that everything in git master has been fixed for
almost-14.2.  *All* of them are working at this time. [*] Thanks to
everybody that played a part in making this happen.

Looking forward, what's likely to happen is that there will be a
proper stable released SBo 14.2 branch and a nice announcement very
soon after we get a proper stable Slackware 14.2 release and a nice
announcement. That's what happened the last few times, anyway :D

-D.

[*] except that you might still encounter some source downloads that
are broken. You can almost always find an alternative download in
sbosrcarch:
http://slackware.uk/sbosrcarch/