[Slackbuilds-users] Call for Bug Fixes, Patches, etc

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 19:00:18 UTC 2016

On 13/03/16 19:46, Ryan P.C. McQuen wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:36 AM Andrzej Telszewski
> <atelszewski at gmail.com <mailto:atelszewski at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 13/03/16 19:29, Luís Fernando Carvalho Cavalheiro wrote:
>      > Well, well... sudo is a example of piece of software (personally
>     I call sudo "piece of cr..") that relies on strange permissions:
>     /etc/sudoers needs to be at 440.
>      >

>     But you talk about *already* installed software, which is different
>     situation from the time when the software is being built.
>

> How do you think it got installed in the first place?  :^)

The point here is that, permissions of /etc/sudoers could be set after
building and just before creating the package.

In that case, it would not matter what the permissions of sudoers were
during the build stage.

And that's the whole point here ;) If all the software were setting
correct permissions after building and before packing, we could build
with all the permissions set to 700/600 ;)

> The SlackBuilds we use are analogous to what the main Slackware tree uses.

Well, that does not mean we cannot do better than Pat :^)

But as Erik said before, we cannot be sure about what the software
creator meant with setting some file's permission to 700, and it's
probably better to just leave it alone.

- find to rule them all :/

Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski