[Slackbuilds-users] Call for Bug Fixes, Patches, etc

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Mon Mar 14 06:00:14 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-13 20:00, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> On 13/03/16 19:46, Ryan P.C. McQuen wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:36 AM Andrzej Telszewski
>> <atelszewski at gmail.com <mailto:atelszewski at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 13/03/16 19:29, Luís Fernando Carvalho Cavalheiro wrote:
>>      > Well, well... sudo is a example of piece of software
>> (personally
>>     I call sudo "piece of cr..") that relies on strange permissions:
>>     /etc/sudoers needs to be at 440.
>>      >

>>     But you talk about *already* installed software, which is
>> different
>>     situation from the time when the software is being built.
>>

>> How do you think it got installed in the first place?  :^)
>>

> The point here is that, permissions of /etc/sudoers could be set after
> building and just before creating the package.
>
> In that case, it would not matter what the permissions of sudoers were
> during the build stage.

In the sudo.SlackBuild permissions are set in the Makefile, also
after building ...

make $NUMJOBS || make || exit 1
make install DESTDIR=$PKG || exit 1

( cd $PKG/usr/bin
   chmod 4711 sudo
   ln -sf sudo sudoedit

This is NOT an example where the find-lines before the build do rescue
the package any better than the chmod-oneliner.