[Slackbuilds-users] Updating slackbuilds
eric.b.pratt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:57:21 UTC 2016
I've looked over the diff but not your previous script yet. I agree with
the diff so far but I do wonder about why those two blocks of variables are
separated. They really look like they should be together since the logic
for determining $ARCH doesn't affect the second block of variables.
Shouldn't the templates be changed to group them together or is there
another reason for their separation. It's a minor and purely aesthetic
point, but it just didn't look right to me.
I'll look at your previous script tomorrow and let you know what I think.
On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 5:10 AM, Matteo Bernardini <
matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2016-03-14 7:31 GMT+01:00 Eric Pratt <eric.b.pratt at gmail.com>:
> > I see. Thanks!
> > On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
> > <willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> >> > Well, it looks like the same guy did it again in January. I thought
> >> > only
> >> > the maintainer could submit updates to the slackbuild. Is that
> >> > incorrect?
> >> >
> >> > Since this appears to be happening, lets just go ahead and commit this
> >> > update. It eliminates the cumbersome patch files and gets us all the
> >> > latest bug fixes except for what's in the last release since that
> >> > release
> >> > wont build and I haven't investigated why yet.
> >> It was one of the admin, Matteo (ponce)
> >> During development cycle like this, we often update the SlackBuild if
> >> it's really needed for several reasons:
> >> - Fix a build failure due to changes in Slackware
> >> - Not yet updated by maintainer for a long time
> Hi Eric,
> as I am using vice myself I noticed when the build broke in the last
> 5+ years (compiler, ffmpeg versions, etc.) and took care of fixing it
> or we had to remove it from the repository.
> as for the last update it slipped from my personal repository when
> merging the other fixes for current...
> I just had a look at your submission and I see you have rebased your
> modifications on your old script and not what we have in our
> repository, so I had to fix some things again:
> - the homepage isn't working anymore, so I switched to the sourceforge one;
> - I moved the block that defines some variables in the slackbuild
> lower in it because that's how we have in most of our SlackBuilds:
> this helps in case we had to do some automated scripting cleanups in
> our repository, like it often happens (this is effective if we have
> scripts conforming to the templates);
> - I added man and info file compression blocks;
> - as the doc directory from the sources folder is messy and the "make
> install" already installs a clean one in
> /usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX/$PRGNAM/doc where it shouldn't be, I opted to
> move this later in /usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION and the html stuff in a
> subdirectory, fixing permissions (executable text files).
> I attach the diff over your last submission: if it's ok for you I'll
> commit your submission with these corrections in our git.
> P.S. Note that not enabling the bundled ffmpeg implies that recording
> videos of the emulator running from the menus doesn't work: feel free
> to look at the script I previously submitted.
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users at slackbuilds.org
> Archives - http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - http://slackbuilds.org/faq/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SlackBuilds-users