[Slackbuilds-users] Issues Building Chromium

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 29 15:53:34 UTC 2016

   I'm trying to build and install chromium from the SBo site to replace
Google's Chrome on a Sony Vaio laptop running -14.1/x86_64 and I'm
encountering problems I have not been able to resolve.

   Last evening, the chromium.Slackbuild script ran for 107 minutes and
halted with an error when a file in the source tree was not found. I shut
down the laptop for the night. The MD5SUMs of the dowloaded .xz file and
that reported on SBo are the same.

   This morning the laptop is _very_ slow responding so I rebooted it. Now,
when I run 'time ./chromium.Slackbuild' nothing happens other than the
cursor moving to the head of a new line.

   'top' shows nothing hogging the CPU or memory.

   The script not starting is something I've not before encountered so I have
no idea where to look for the reason.

   A clue stick is needed to figure out why these issues suddenly occurred.

TIA,

Rich