[Slackbuilds-users] 14.2RC2 Update/fixes for nvidia 361.42

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sun May 1 16:05:31 UTC 2016

>>> BUILD should be a digit, I prepended the string to TAG, but the effect
>>> should be exactly the same.
>>
>> Ewwwwwwwww
>> Nothing else does that, and it potentially breaks slackpkg+
>> How about ${VERSION}_multi ?
>
> for me it's ok also added to $VERSION: what do you think about it, Edward?

well, thinking about it a little bit more, potentially any build tool
could possibily have any kind of issue if we pass the build script
some variables and they are changed inside the SlackBuild.
using this as example TAG (or VERSION) has a value before the
SlackBuild is run but the package has a name using a different TAG (or
VERSION) at the end...
taking in account this my vote is to avoid completely altering the
variables values inside of the SlackBuild.

Matteo

P.S. while I was writing this it has come to mind that ffmpeg does
this for the ARCH field and, as for my experience, seems to be safe...