[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 build 3 fails to build

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:05:07 UTC 2016

On 12/05/16 13:31, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>> The error is the same one as previously, regarding NSS.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestions on what might be wrong?
>
> seeing your log I would suggest trying removing xulrunner and building
> qt5 again.

I did the following:
1. removed xulrunner,
2. reinstalled mozilla-nss,
3. rebooted the machine.

and the build of qt5 succeeded.

Maybe it would be worth mentioning in the qt5 and xulrunner READMEs,
that trying to install both at the same time might have unexpected side
effects? Or maybe something has to be patched? ;)

If I'm not mistaken, xulrunner package has overwritten some files from
mozilla-nss, so it's something to watch for.

I don't think I'm going to use xulrunner anytime soon, since I only
needed it to test gnash. And since gnash has shown to be failure for me,
I'm not gonna use it.

Thanks for the assistance!

> then, if that fails, I suggest trying building in a fresh full install
> in a virtual machine.

No need for that :)

> Matteo

Best regards,