[Slackbuilds-users] fakeroot, po4a

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:32:00 UTC 2016

On 02/11/16 01:03, Christoph Willing wrote:

> However, in general, my preference is to include whatever documentation
> is available in the source code we're building from. Any individual user
> may never refer to the documentation but for those expecting a man page
> (or whatever), it should be available if provided by upstream.

This is true most of the time. But the holidays end, when you have to
pull ridiculous amount of dependencies to build the docs.

That's the (only) reason I gave the option not to build the translated
docs in fakeroot.

> Having a  option in the SlackBuild solves the dilemma of whether to
> include it or not but I think the option should default to yes (not no
> as the suggestion above implies).

I would put it onto maintainers liking. The end user can easily choose,
what she wants. But if building the docs requires additional
dependencies, I would prefer to have it set to =NO and mentioned the
dependencies as optional, rather than as REQUIRES in .info.

@Willy, I'm going to implement it the way B Watson suggested, i.e. if
po4a is installed, the docs will get translated and passing MANPO=no
will prevent translation even if po4a is installed. This should not
affect the current users.

Question: should I increase the BUILD number?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski