[Slackbuilds-users] ffmpeg without _custom

Alexander Verbovetsky alik at ejik.org
Wed Nov 2 21:03:54 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 20:47, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As of now, ffmpeg is built with _custom ARCH, so it's meant for the
> machine it was built on.
>
> But I noticed that Alien's ffmpeg
> [http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/ffmpeg/] can be built and
> installed on different machines.
>
> Could we have something like that in SBo?
>
> And possibly, if there are some switches/deps that make the package
> built-machine dependent, only then would we add _custom tag?

This switch is the build option --disable-runtime-cpudetect, but it is
not used in the SBo SlackBuild.

The opposite option --enable-runtime-cpudetect is the default for more
than 4 years, see
https://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=c75b611a3853acc4cd05c37d1f6f72e67fb7b8eb

Thus, the SBo ffmpeg is _not_ built-machine dependent and the "_custom"
is not needed.

The "_custom" thing is very unfortunate because it is not recognized by
slackpkg and slackpkg+.

Best regards,
Alexander