[Slackbuilds-users] OPTIONAL field [was: qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir]

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 15:47:39 UTC 2016

On 04/11/16 14:49, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
> Yes, an OPTIONAL= Line might be nice to have
>
> But as Andrzej Telszewski said the syntax would be TBD ...
>
> In the meantime, I would love to see something like that :)

Yet another possibility would be to have special tags for README,
something like:

[opt]libass[/opt]

Such tags would have to be nice for those who read READMEs as plain text.

On the website, the README could be parsed to generate OPTIONAL field of
the .info file.

This would lessen the job of maintainers and lower the possibility of
inconsistency between README and .info.

Another thing I would love to see is some form of README formatting when
displayed in the web browser.

Having required, run-time and build-time dependencies all in separate,
nicely laid out tables would be cool.

Again, all of this would have to be easily readable for pure text guys.

I'm not maintaining too many SlackBuilds, so my voice is what it is ;-)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski