[Slackbuilds-users] OPTIONAL field [was: qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir]

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Sun Nov 6 02:51:00 UTC 2016

On Sat, 5 Nov 2016 22:06:37 +0000
Daniel Prosser <dpross1100 at msn.com> wrote:

> He could go ahead and choose a bunch of them, but they wouldn't be
> enabled when ffmpeg was subsequently built. Confusion would ensue.

They would be enabled. The argument being made is that the OPTIONAL
field would provide yes/no answers, and the 3rd party tool would pass
those on to the SlackBuild script. The goal is then that no one would
ever have to look at the README file, they could just tick some boxes
and be on their way. I see obvious issues with this and that's the
point I'm trying to get across.

--
Erik