[Slackbuilds-users] OPTIONAL field [was: qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir]

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Sun Nov 6 07:05:01 UTC 2016

> Even if I were to explicitly say "don't bother with
> the OPTIONAL field" I know they would check it. They're just really
> good people that way, focused on the quality of our repository.
> Regardless of what I say, they're going to feel burdened by it. None of
> us want junk in the repo, or broken OPTIONAL lines.
> This is just a reality, and I'm going to fight against more work for
> these volunteer workers that put so much passion into this project.
> They have families and lives and I care for them deeply.

So, even if you would like to change something general like the
OPTION-field
on SBo, it will hardly happen because of the workload?
This is not meant offending, really, i just want to get the point.

If nothing gonna be changed now, it's fair to say that, to not make the
OPTIONAL-discussion a fight against windmills.

If it's all about manpower, something should be done about that.
Maybe the community can get more ability to contribute in some ways,
beside providing SlackBuilds.

Johannes