[Slackbuilds-users] LibreOffice, LOLANGS and dictionaries

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 01:35:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to ask what LOLANGS is about in LibreOffice.SlackBuild?
Is it only about user interface language?
Or does it influence for example date/time format, currency, etc?

Per
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build/localized
it's not clear to me what localized means.

About dictionaries:
I like the way Alien has all the available dictionaries in separate
packages:
http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/libreoffice/pkg64/14.2/

Is the
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/office/libreoffice-langpack/ the
way to do it in the same manner?

I see that Willy is using different dictionaries tarball:
LibreOffice_5.2.3_Linux_x86_rpm_langpack_en-GB.tar.gz (Willy)
vs
libreoffice-dictionaries-5.2.1.2.tar.xz (Alien)

BTW, If you don't have the answer right now, I'll investigate it on my
own. But maybe somebody already knows the answer.

Also, LibreOffice README says that I can use hunspell dictionaries.
Do you have any experience with that?
Are they better in any way?
Or are they the same thing as the dictionaries built by Alien?

LibreOffice README correction:
- "distionary" should be changed to "dictionary",
- "hunspell.pl" should be changed to "hunspell-pl",
- I would suggest that README contained "ALL" that can be passed to
LOLANGS (LO wiki mentions it).

SlackBuild correction:
Not having pl in LOLANGS="de es fr id it ja nl vi zh-CN"
is programming error :-^

Thanks!

--
Best regards,