[Slackbuilds-users] EasyRSA - re-submittion - bug fix

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 11 01:07:32 UTC 2016

> Is there any way of being notified when one of the admins makes changes to a
> package I maintain? I worry that not knowing about it, I might overwrite the
> changes the admin made by re-using my version of the script (the version I
> submitted and have on my computer) when I submit a version bump in the
> future.

I'd guess at least half of new submissions are changed in review, so
no, we don't notify, and to save everybody's embarrassment those
changes are not public. It's good if you can check the approved
version some time after it leaves 'pending', because reviewers make
mistakes, but that's not a Rule :)

We have always said that you should get the latest version from the
repo before updating. But many people fail to do that, and it is
difficult to surprise us by updating the wrong version. We use 'git
diff' to examine your changes.

-D.