[Slackbuilds-users] Suggestion: monospace font for README

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 03:21:08 UTC 2016

On 11/10/16, Erik Hanson <erik at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> It's not wrapping for me, there's plenty of room to the right of
> the README text for bloodcm. Maybe you have some custom css, custom
> font sizes, or need to reset your zoom?

Yes, I increased the minimum font size in firefox ages ago, to a size
that I can actually read without squinting.

710 pixels / 80 columns would be around 9px wide. Same as the IBM
Monochrome Adaptor from 1981. But modern monitors have a lot smaller
dot pitch than the ones from 1981...

An annoying thing about the web (not singling out SBo site here) is
columnar layouts. My monitor's 1920 pixels wide, but those READMEs
only take up 710 pixels, or less than half the horizontal resolution,
with 2 huge columns on either side wasting space. Lot of stuff like that
out there.

Not a web designer, so I don't have a fix for it. Just venting.