[Slackbuilds-users] Ganglia and OpenMPI updates

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 07:41:42 UTC 2016

> On 2016-10-09 14:38, Emmanuel wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm about to send an update package for OpenMPI (update to version
>> 1.10.4 and with some modifications suggested by Kyle Guinn) and I'm
>> preparing a SBo package for Ganglia and Ganglia-web.
>>
>> Ganglia was present in Slackbuilds up to 12.2, the maintainer was
>> Cherife Li, does anyone knows if he is still active in the mailing
>> list? Can I take over as the maintainer of the Ganglia package?
>

> It would be good if you first tried to contact Cherife Li directly
> outside of the mailing list and only when he confirms he doesn't
> maintain the package anymore or does not reply within a reasonable
> time frame you could step in as a new maintainer.  I did a couple of
> times and people always replied.  Some of them don't use Slackware and
> don't read this mailing list anymore.

yes, this is, IMHO, the best path to follow to step in as a maintainer.

but in this specific case, although a mail won't hurt, I think it's
safe to say that Cherife is completely inactive from at least six
years and an half

https://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/log/?qt=author&q=cherife

also other stuff that he was maintaining has already been inherited by
other people so I'll say it's fine if you go with it.

Matteo