[Slackbuilds-users] ISSUE: texlive: problems downloading from tug.org

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Sat Oct 29 18:16:53 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-29 19:32, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> For the following SlackBuild:
>
> https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/office/texlive/
>
> When trying to download the following file:
>
> ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2016/texlive-20160523b-source.tar.xz
>
> a) At first try, download location capped download bandwitdh to 15
> kb/s. So, downloading a 44MB source file was a S-L-O-W process.

I never had issues with that download, maybe a temporay issue? No one
reported thta before.
I don't believe that my server is more reliable than tug.org, but
if you have no issues downloading texlive-base-20161023.tar.xz, you can
also grab the sources from that place:
http://slackware.schoepfer.info/slackbuilds/texlive/2016/texlive/texlive-20160523b-source.tar.xz

> I'd suggest seeking a reliable, fast mirror for such file, if possible.

If more people have issues with that download, i'll look for another
solution.

Johannes