[Slackbuilds-users] fmodapi access upstream

Doogster thedoogster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:46:58 UTC 2016

The FMOD Ex API downloads are now closed to the public. In order to
even download them, you need to register on their site and then email
them asking for access. I did that, and I now I have a 4.44.63 tarball
that I can enjoy for personal use. I looked at the license I got with
it, and it said that if I want to redistribute it, then I need to send
them a second email and ask for a license to do that.

Now, I could do that, but I'm not an SBo admin and I'm not the fmodapi
maintainer, so it wouldn't help SBo much if I did. May I suggest that
an SBo admin procures a license (I'm sure they're free) on behalf of
SBo?

Note: Brutal DOOM needs GZDoom to be built with FMOD support and set
up to use the FMOD sound backend. Reference:

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=6801