[Slackbuilds-users] fmodapi access upstream

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 04:27:46 UTC 2016

On 9/6/16, Doogster <thedoogster at gmail.com> wrote:
> B Watson: If you don't have any issues with distributing the FMOD API
> source, then you might consider treating the tarball as part of
> gzdoom's source and just untarring the fmod tarball into gzdoom's
> source directory before building gzdoom. That will ensure that gzdoom
> is built with the latest version of FMOD that it was tested with.

You never answered my previous question... does the older fmodapi version
we have on SBo actually cause problems with anything (gzdoom itself or
Brutal Doom or whatever)? Problems that would be fixed by the latest
version of fmodapi?

Also, I might have issues with redistributing the latest fmodapi version,
depending on what its LICENSE.TXT actually says. The one I was commenting
on earlier is the one from the older fmodapi version we have on SBo. *That*
version, I don't have issues redistributing (I believe it's OK according to
the license. I still might be wrong of course)