[Slackbuilds-users] fmodapi access upstream

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:38:55 UTC 2016

> GZDoom's CMake file didn't detect it.
>
> The latest version of fmodapi that GZDoom's build system will detect
> (including in the latest development version) is 44450. To get it to
> build against later versions requires patching GZDoom. Specifically,
> you need to add the minor version here:
>
> https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/blob/g2.1.1/src/CMakeLists.txt#L53
>
> FWIW, this is what I use for my personal builds:
>
> https://github.com/duganchen/my_slackbuilds/blob/master/gzdoom/gzdoom.SlackBuild
>
> I just do my own builds against 44450 and I don't get segfaults.
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 12:48 AM, Matteo Bernardini
> <matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Those links for fmod are actually for an even older version than the
>>> old one that's on SBo...
>>>
>>> Unless you're saying that version is the one gzdoom is actually
>>> developed/tested with?
>>
>> I tried to do a version bump to the one noted in that wiki page: can
>> you please test if you still got segfaults with this installed?
>>
>> http://ponce.cc/slackware/testing/fmodapi/
>>
>> should be safe to host this as when they released it, AFAIK, they
>> haven't changed their license yet.

the SlackBuild I modified could be used just changing $VERSION also
with 4.44.50.
as this is a prior version respect 4.44.61, the one noted in the
gzdoom wiki page by its developers and previously avalaible on the
fmod website without any registration, should be fine to redistribute
as well.
I'll placed it in the same place as that version

http://ponce.cc/slackware/sources/repo/fmodapi44450linux.tar.gz

IMHO, the maintainers of what depends on it (Ben, Pablo and Dimitris)
decide which one is compatible with their stuff and they think more
appropriate ;)

Matteo