[Slackbuilds-users] sboinstall - jdk download fails

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 17:37:50 UTC 2017

On 4/4/17, Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org> wrote:

> Since jdk is (as far as I know) the only one with that kind of wget option
> needed, I feel it would be the job of the third party tool to handle it
> specifically. Instead of adding a field into the .info file...

There are at least 2 or 3 other builds with the same issue. These are
the ones not being archived by sbosrcarch (that's why I know about them).

The best the 3rd party tool could legitimately do would be to tell the
user "Can't download source automatically", stop the build attempt,
and display the README.

Anything else ("cheating" by working around the vendor's license agreement
stuff) is possibly illegal, and at least violates the vendor's license
terms. It's OK to script something like this for yourself (or anyway, it's
unlikely to get you in trouble), but distributing it as part of something
like sbotools or sbopkg is a legal risk nobody will want to take.