[Slackbuilds-users] poedit 2.0 in review

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 10:34:13 UTC 2017

On 4/5/17, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> well, the developer said that boost 1.60 is required for executors to
> work, so my "hack" is not recommended by upstream, so that means poedit
> will have to stick to 1.8.x until next Slackware release.
>
> here's the official answer by upstream:
> https://github.com/vslavik/poedit/issues/375

I see one line of actual helpful information there (from the git log),
and a whole lot of unnecessarily rude invective.

And yes, for the record, I have run into stuff where a dependency's
minimum version was set to whatever the author happened to have installed,
without him checking if it worked on earlier versions. So your question
was a valid one...