[Slackbuilds-users] New server for SlackBuilds.org

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Apr 30 20:19:42 UTC 2017

Top-posting this...

We're working on a contributors/ page now. Once again, we'd like to
say that our community is excellent. The new hardware is on order,
and once it's arrived and set up in the DC, we'll begin the fun
process of getting everything configured to make the switchover.
There will almost surely be some downtime associated with that,
but we'll provide as much advanced notification of that as we
are able.

For the record, we have enough to send Pat a non-trivial amount
as a donation and keep a small cushion in the account just in
case there are unexpected out-of-warranty hardware issues later.

We'll leave the paypal link active in case anyone is inclined to
use it in the future, with the current plan being to keep that
cushion in place and forward any excess to Volkerding (after all,
Slackware is the reason this project even exists).

Sincere thanks to everyone who donated - we are honored that so
many think this little project is useful and worthy enough to
support. Without minimizing the impact of any other contributions,
we'd like single out one contributor in particular, if only due
to the fact that we were (pleasantly) surprised:
Distrowatch.com donated $400 to the effort! Thanks, Unsigned
Integer Limited :-)

Anyway, once we have the contributors page finished, we'll post
a note here for everyone to review it and suggest changes to it
(e.g. misspellings, name changes, remain anonymous, hyperlinks,
etcetera).

Thanks again, everyone, and happy Slacking!

-RW