[Slackbuilds-users] fontforge 2017 update

Eric Pratt eric.b.pratt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 21:19:59 UTC 2017

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Aug 2017, King Beowulf wrote:
>
> Fontforge has a new 2017 release.  Is there any issues I need to be aware
>> of, or is there a particular reason the SBo version is still 2015?
>>

> Ed,
>
>   I go to the fontforge web site <http://fontforge.github.io/en-US/> and
> navigate to the Download page where the only two links take me to a page
> with a link on how to contribute to the project, not the source itself.
> What
> have I missed?
>
> Rich

I'm not sure what page you're seeing.  When I clicked your link then
clicked "Download," it took me to a page with a number of links.  The page
and even the whole site is pretty counter-intuitive.  Some of the links are
underlined with a bold orange line and some aren't underlined at all.  The
pages modify themselves in place when clicking on certain things.  There
are submit buttons that seem to not give you options to not get spammed but
you can click them with not form input to bypass them.  Links appear where
things used to be and even the statically placed links are poorly placed.
It's a pretty bad site.

But on the download page, if you get that same page I'm seeing, don't click
on the source code link.  Click on the GNU+Linux link instead.  Following a
very unintuitive chain of links, ​you end up here:

  https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/releases

​There you can see the latest release in various formats, including a
tarball.​