[Slackbuilds-users] fontforge 2017 update

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 01:03:16 UTC 2017

On 08/05/2017 03:15 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Aug 2017, Eric Pratt wrote:
>
>> But on the download page, if you get that same page I'm seeing, don't
>> click on the source code link. Click on the GNU+Linux link instead.
>> Following a very unintuitive chain of links, ​you end up here:
>> https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/releases
>
> Eric,
>
>   Now I see how you reached that page. When I clicked on the GNU+Linux link
> I saw only two links: 'Donate' and 'Subscribe/Confirm and Download.' The
> latter took me to a page with a 'continue this way link' and then to a page
> with 'Ubuntu,' 'Compiling from Github,' and 'Installing from an rpm.' I did
> not follow that last link because I wanted a tarball, not an rpm.
>
>   However, under the rpm files are the source file.
>
> Thanks for taking it one step further than I did.
>
> Rich

Bah. The 2017 release is just a git snapshot. The 2017 version needs
gnulib which it git clones on the fly, so
./bootstrap --skip-git --skip-po
doesn't work (amoung no git found error). gnulib in SBo is older so not
sure I have time to go down that rabbit hole.

I'm going to kick this can down the road to the slackbuild script
maintainer...

-Ed