[Slackbuilds-users] goffice build script not finding installed library [UPDATE]

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 22:49:55 UTC 2017

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017, 6:34 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Aug 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> >  Trying to build goffice-0.10.34 on 14.2 this error occurs:
>
>    Actually, there are two errors:
>
> checking whether NLS is requested... yes
> /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/auto/List/Util/Util.so: undefined symbol:
> Perl_xs_apiversion_bootcheck
> checking for intltool >= 0.35.0...  found
> configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.35.0 or
> later.
>
> and intltool-0.51.0-i586-3_slack14.2 is installed with these binaries:
> /usr/bin/intltool-update, /usr/bin/intltool-merge,
> //usr/bin/intltool-prepare, /usr/bin/intltoolize, /usr/bin/intltool-extract
>
>    Please advise me how to proceed to build this package.
>
> Rich

This is likely due to your upgrade and having old SBo packages that goffice
links to that are linking to old Slackware files.

This is why it's typically recommended to rebuild all 3rd-party
applications when you upgrade the distro. There's so much dynamic linking
that goes on that it can be a pain to track it down. I'd get a list of all
packages based on the responses in your other email thread and the run
"slackpkg clean-system" to clear it all out and rebuild from scratch. It'll
take time now but will likely save you a lot more time in the future from
trying to figure out why things aren't compiling when they seem like they
should.

Jeremy