[Slackbuilds-users] for christmas.... i would like...

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 20:30:34 UTC 2017

On 12/24/2017 01:45 PM, Fernando Lopez wrote:
> how about we implement screenshots for every package in the slackbuilds
> site? :D
>
> --

What I want for Christmas is for everyone to stop worrying about what
they want for Christmas...but that is another rant for another place...

SBo does not need screenshots.  These are usually available on the
source homepage link.  If SBo hosts images, if it will require storage
and maintenance of our poor overworked admins; if links, then we need to
monitor the links for freshness as the living web evolves.  SBo is not a
forum or social media site. Go there to post your app pics.

Let's keep SBo clean, neat and simple in the true KISS philosophy.

Improvements that may be far more useful:

1.  An update page to fix keywords without needing to bother admins or
re-upload the buildscript.

2. Add a line in the HOW-TO and FAQ to remind people to read the README.
 Seems obvious, but I will just have to smack the next person upside the
head if he ask me the same Q answered in the README again.

3. Gis on the Repository page should be GIS.

4. Add 'approved' link to submission page.

5. This may be more trouble than its worth for the submission page, but
I have a large monitor with plenty of white space: when clicking on
'pending' also show 'approved' in a second column.

Have fun and enjoy the season.
Ed