[Slackbuilds-users] for christmas.... i would like...

Arkadiusz Drabczyk arkadiusz at drabczyk.org
Tue Dec 26 00:35:38 UTC 2017

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 12:30:34PM -0800, King Beowulf wrote:
> On 12/24/2017 01:45 PM, Fernando Lopez wrote:
> > how about we implement screenshots for every package in the slackbuilds
> > site? :D
> >
> > --
>
> What I want for Christmas is for everyone to stop worrying about what
> they want for Christmas...but that is another rant for another place...
>
> SBo does not need screenshots.  These are usually available on the
> source homepage link.  If SBo hosts images, if it will require storage
> and maintenance of our poor overworked admins; if links, then we need to
> monitor the links for freshness as the living web evolves.  SBo is not a
> forum or social media site. Go there to post your app pics.
>
> Let's keep SBo clean, neat and simple in the true KISS philosophy.
>
> Improvements that may be far more useful:
>
> 1.  An update page to fix keywords without needing to bother admins or
> re-upload the buildscript.
>
> 2. Add a line in the HOW-TO and FAQ to remind people to read the README.
>  Seems obvious, but I will just have to smack the next person upside the
> head if he ask me the same Q answered in the README again.
>
> 3. Gis on the Repository page should be GIS.
>
> 4. Add 'approved' link to submission page.
>
> 5. This may be more trouble than its worth for the submission page, but
> I have a large monitor with plenty of white space: when clicking on
> 'pending' also show 'approved' in a second column.

6. I've got another one - it would nice if it was officially allowed
to contribute by sending a PATCH directly to the mailing list instead
of using the submission form.  As many (most?) of use git to track
slackbuilds.org it would just be enough to use `git-send-email' or
`mutt -H' and be done with it.  It would be much faster and easier.  I
remember we were sending PATCHES once when Slackware 14.2 was about to
be released or soon afterwards, I also sent one.  Anyway, I use
sbosubmit written by Andrzej Telszewski but sending patches directly
would be even better.
--
Arkadiusz Drabczyk <arkadiusz at drabczyk.org>