[Slackbuilds-users] A couple of requests to add to the Christmas wish list...

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 31 20:53:48 UTC 2017

Hi Ed,

> 1. Would it be possible when updates get pushed could there be a way to get the update list in straight alphabetical order as an alternate to category/alphabetical?

Well, you can do that locally with
tail -n +2 ChangeLog.txt | awk '/+--------------------------+/ {exit}
{print}' | sort -k 2 -t /

or if you don't want to see the category
tail -n +2 ChangeLog.txt | awk '/+--------------------------+/ {exit}
{print substr($0,index($0,"/")+1)   }' | sort

> 2. Could we get some statistics like how many times a package (Slackbuild archive) gets downloaded?

There are so many ways of getting part or all of the repo -- git,
rsync, mirrors -- it's generally considered impossible to collect
meaningful statistics.

Thanks
-D.