[Slackbuilds-users] PyQt5 requirements

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Tue Feb 7 03:40:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

I asked the maintainer of PyQt5 this question a couple weeks ago but
didn't get a response, so I thought I would ask the group. PyQt5 lists
qt5-webkit as a required dependency, but it builds and runs (at least
for my use case) fine without it. Is there a reason why it is listed as
a requirement? I was under the impression that requirements should be
needed either to build or run the software. In the case of qt5-webkit,
it also takes a long time to compile, so for most people it would be
preferred not to install it if not needed.

Regards,
Dan