[Slackbuilds-users] Questions about pending python3 changes

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Sun Jan 1 16:10:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

I noticed that Willy added a patch for python3 to change a comment in
one of header files from C++ style to C.  I'm not objecting it, just
want to understand if there's a particular reason for this change, e.g.
suppressing compiler warning or some build issues.  And may I suggest
that you change the patch filename to something more specific like
python3.fix-comment-style.patch.

Regarding a fix for enum34, which disables python3 support, I was
surprised that it was there in the first place, because starting from
version 3.4 (hence the name enum34) enum module is part of Python's
standard library.  The purpose of enum34 is to bring this functionality
to previous Python versions.  Maybe the maintainer, Dimitris Zlatanidis,
could comment on why enum34 SlackBuild had python3 support.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas
http://neutrino.lt/