[Slackbuilds-users] BUG: pdftk decrypt doesn't work

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Mon Jan 2 05:51:03 UTC 2017

> This was observed in Slackware64-current but it could well be the case
> with Slackware-14.2.
>
> Using the latest pdftk from SBo, an attempt to decrypt a PDF fails:
>
> Command Line:
>
> $ pdftk secured.pdf input_pw mypasswd output \
> unsecured.pdf
>
> Output:
>
> Error: Unexpected Exception in open_reader()
> Unhandled Java Exception in main():
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at gnu.gcj.runtime.NameFinder.lookup(libgcj.so.16)
>    at java.lang.Throwable.getStackTrace(libgcj.so.16)
>    at java.lang.Throwable.stackTraceString(libgcj.so.16)
>    at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(libgcj.so.16)
>    at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(libgcj.so.16)
>

> Thankfully I was able to decrypt the PDF afterwards using Slackware's
> stock qpdf, but I nevertheless wanted to report this in case you guys
> could find a workaround.

Hi Eduardo

I tested on slackware-current and it worked fine
I created a blank PDF with password willysr using LibreOffice export
feature and then i decrypt the file using this command:
pdftk test.pdf input_pw willysr output test_decrypted.pdf

i can open the decrypted file in Atril

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo