[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20161231.1

Ryan P.C. McQuen ryan.q at linux.com
Mon Jan 2 21:29:47 UTC 2017

This would be nearly impossible for some packages. |atom|, for instance
has hundreds of module dependencies.

OK. That’s a bit of a shame, because it’s against the philosophy we try
to keep here (i.e. SlackBuild shall not download on its own).

It’s a good philosophy, but it is not practical for a tool like slackrepo
to block scripts from doing *anything*. The classic Unix way is to allow
the user to shoot themselves in the foot … this is why no tools are
officially endorsed by SBo other than the old fashioned way of running
everything manually. Like I said before, I’d call this a slackrepo issue,
and it should be reported to their issue tracker/mailing list.

—
-Ryan
[ryanpcmcquen.org]
​