[Slackbuilds-users] atlas failed to build with recent updates

Serban Udrea serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jan 5 13:03:17 UTC 2017

On 01/02/2017 12:30 PM, Serban Udrea wrote:

> Hello and Happy New Year!
>
> Last year I got two reports about errors during ATLAS compilation, one was from
> Daniil. As Willy, I too cannot reproduce the error, which seems to be platform
> dependent and related to the fact that on the affected machines ATLAS's configure
> decides at some point to use g++ for further compilation. I'll try again to find a
> solution and probably file a bug report with ATLAS's maintainer but I cannot
> promise a solution very soon.

Hello!

With Daniil's help and patience I can provide a workaround to this problem: before
using the SlackBuild rename /usr/bin/g++-gcc-5.3.0 to something not containing
gcc, but don't use just g++ for the new name.  Rename it back after ATLAS got
compiled. Finally make sure /usr/bin/g++ is a proper link to /usr/bin/g++-gcc-5.3.0.

I'll file a bug report and see what ATLAS's maintainer comes up with.

Best regards,

Serban Udrea