[Slackbuilds-users] doinst.sh template

Alexander Verbovetsky alik at ejik.org
Mon Jan 9 02:38:08 UTC 2017

Hello,

I noticed that sometimes after installation of a SlackBuild with

if [ -e usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache ]; then
  if [ -x /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache ]; then
    /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache usr/share/icons/hicolor >/dev/null
    2>&1
  fi
fi

in doinst.sh the cache is not updated and therefore icons do not appear
on the desktop.  But they do appear after additional reboot.  I guess
that the reason is that in /etc/rc.d/rc.M the command
gtk-update-icon-cache has the option "-f":

--force, -f
   Overwrite an existing cache file even if it appears to be uptodate.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to add -f to doinst.sh:

/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache -f usr/share/icons/hicolor >/dev/null
2>&1

Best regards,
Alexander