[Slackbuilds-users] Package verification at SBo [was: apache-tomcat slackbuild silently changes /var/tmp permissions]

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 22:20:07 UTC 2017

On 13/01/17 14:53, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On a clean Slackware, /var/tmp permissions are set to 1777, but once
>> apache-tomcat is installed, permissions are changed to 755 which can lead to
>> issues. The attached patch fixes this issue.
>
> thanks Sebastien, nice catch!
>
> I just submitted it in my branch.

This raises question: aren't you admins using any kind of package
checking tool?
If not, would you be interested to have something?

If we came up with a list of requirements, I could cook something in C
(or C++), using libarchive.

Then, the error like the one above would be easily caught.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski