[Slackbuilds-users] atom: cannot execute binary file

Dhaby Xiloj slack.dhabyx at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:25:32 UTC 2017

Hi
> I can build atom successfully, but it does not run, showing the
> following error:
> "/usr/share/atom/atom: cannot execute binary file"
>
> I'm on 14.2 32 bit. Running "file /usr/share/atom/atom" I see that it
> is a 64 bit executable. Next I tried to force ARCH="" in the
> slackbuild script, but the outcome still is 64 bit.

Sometimes npm does not correctly detect the architecture, ia32 or
x86_64, this bug appeared to have been fixed in previous versions.

You can try modifying the following lines to the slackbuild to see if
this solves the problems:

npm_config_arch=ia32 npm_config_target_arch=ia32 PYTHON=python2 \
  ./script/build --build-dir=$BUILD_DIR

--
Dhaby Xiloj