[Slackbuilds-users] [DEFECTIVE] net/retroshare

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:35:29 UTC 2017

On 1/18/17, Rubén Llorente <porting at use.startmail.com> wrote:
> The patch included with the build script for retroshare is
> non-functional. In order for the build to work, the file
> RetroShare.pro.patch must be converted to a CRLF text file

This is an ongoing issue. Probably the patch file as submitted was
correct, but SBo's git is configured to strip off LFs from any text
files checked in. Apparently this happens *after* testing and approval
is complete (otherwise whoever tested it would catch the problem).

Best solution I know for this: Maintainers, if your patches have CRLF
endings, gzip them before submitting, and have your SlackBuild do:

zcat $CWD/patchname.diff.gz | patch -p1    # or -p0 or whatever's needed