[Slackbuilds-users] Package versions

Harald Achitz harald.achitz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 17:12:35 UTC 2017

Here my 2 cents

Here is a list of files changed from Qt 5.6.1 to 5.6.2
each of the files contain a list of bugs.
5.6.2 has been release in October, this is quite a while ago.
A update of Qt LTS is not about having the latest and greatest, it is about
updating a package with known bugs against a fixed version.
This is something different that updating to the latest and greatast, what
would be 5.7.1, and next wee or so 5.8.0
I contacted the maintainer of the qt build, no  reply.
This is not good.
Bugfix release have to be handled.
In times of git, such an update should just be a pull request.

/Harald