[Slackbuilds-users] Package versions

LukenShiro lukenshiro at ngi.it
Fri Jan 20 23:54:21 UTC 2017

Il giorno Thu, 19 Jan 2017 12:46:46 -0500
"Full Name" <nuncestbibendum at excite.com> ha scritto:
> Having said that, all too often maintainers do not update the
> software all that promptly. It is not uncommon to have Slackbuilds
> packages that are several releases behind what one can get from
> distributions like (shudder) Fedora or (shudder!) Ubuntu. This can be
> a critical issue

I see several users now complain for lack of updates, meanwhile they
did not offer any reasonable help for the time being; I guess every
maintainer here tries to do his best but, as this is not a job for
me (and for any other maintainer here) and we use our limited free
time, no one can really expect anything.

Maybe we could do better, and BTW I will upgrade my packages ASAP..
nonetheless, as I believe such simple complaints are somehow
disrespectful for us all, if anybody is not satified he can easily step
in without hesitation and take over maintainership for all of (my)
packages.

No offence taken and I don't intend to sound too harsh, but I hope
to be deadly clear about this topic. Regards.

--
GNU/Linux * Slackware64 current * k4.9.4
LU #210970 SU #12583 LM #98222/#412913