[Slackbuilds-users] kafka

Andreas Guldstrand andreas.guldstrand at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:41:23 UTC 2017

On 26 January 2017 at 10:54, André Barboza <bmg.andre at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right. Kafka also needs to be updated.
> I will work on that.

>> i was building kafka and i ran into this message:
>>
>>   You must have a kafka user and kafka group to run this script.
>>   Something like this should suffice for most systems:
>>     # groupadd -g 323 kafka
>>     # useradd -u 323 -g 323 -c "Apache Kafka user" -d /var/lib/kafka
>> -s /bin/sh kafka
>>
>> i think we usually state that on the slackbuild page so its easy to
>> find -- i also installed rabbitmq, couchdb, and zookeeper and those
>> had it. it might be useful to do the same for kafka.
>>
>> thanks

A few other slackbuilds that have this same problem (just did a quick
grep, so don't know if this list is exhaustive):

network/dovecot
network/roger-router
network/sks-keyserver
system/apache-activemq
system/clamav
system/jenkins
system/kafka (of course)

And additionally the following ones don't have the command listed in
the README but does mention it in some other way, which will not work
with for example sbotools' automatic check for these kinds of
commands:

network/etherpad-lite
network/lighttpd
network/lighttpd2