[Slackbuilds-users] Stellarium-0.15.x, qt-5.7.x and libinput

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Tue Jan 31 22:55:11 UTC 2017

>>> Installing libinput fixes the stellarium error which then runs normally.
>>>  I recommend the following:
>>> 1. bump stellarium to 0.15.1
>>> 2. mention that libinput is required as a run time dependency.
>>> 3. on qt5 page, move libinput to "required" or "optional" as a run time
>>> dependency for Qt5 plugin xcb (libqxcb.so)
>>> 4. on qt5 page fix libinput (not available at slackbuilds.org) since it
>>> is available.
>>
>> I agree with adding libinput as a mandatory dep for qt5.
>>
> why?

Taken from
https://blog.qt.io/blog/2015/01/20/qt-weekly-23-qt-5-5-enhancements-for-linux-graphics-and-input-stacks/

Using libinput in place of the traditional evdevmouse|keyboard|touch
input handlers of Qt 5 has a number of advantages. By using it Qt
applications get the same behavior, configuration and calibration that
other clients, for example Weston use. It also simplifies bringup
scenarios since there will be no need to fight Qt’s input stack
separately in case libinput is already proven to work.

Since more packages are relying on qt5, xcb plugin will soon become an
important considerations and it does require libinput to work.

libinput is now included in -current as well, so it will be easy to
remove libinput from one place (qt5) instead of many different packages
in our repository in the next Slackware release.

if libinput stays as optional dep, we still have to fix stellarium's dep
as well. I will wait for qt5's decision about this.

ps: wayland and libinput are now available on our repository so that
will have to be fixed as well.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo