[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170701.1 podofo fails to build

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sun Jul 2 02:16:00 UTC 2017

> I have cppunit as optional dependency for podofo, and so podofo fails to
> build, since the update of cppunit requires C++11, which is not the
> default in -14.2.
>
> The following cmake flags passed to podofo seem to solve the problem for
> me:
>     -DCMAKE_CXX_STANDARD:STRING=11 \
>     -DCMAKE_CXX_STANDARD_REQUIRED:BOOL=ON \
>
> I'm no expert in any of the components involved, so I'm not sure if the
> solution is correct.
>
> I'm an optimist, but I expect we are going to see more errors of this
> type ;->

It's already mentioned in the README

Starting with version 1.14.0, cppunit may require that your tests be
compiled with a C++11-conforming compiler (e.g. by adding the -std=c++11
flag to g++).
Since this is not yet the default for g++, if you intend on using
cppunit with projects that do not yet mandate C++11, then you may want
to stick with an older version.

i will look into cppunit and probably others that has cppunit as dependency.

Thanks for reporting

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo