[Slackbuilds-users] transmission

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 06:41:05 UTC 2017

> Hello,
>
> Create /usr/lib64/la-files-backup directory.
>
> Move all *.la files from /usr/lib64 to the directory created above.
>
> After this, recompile. It should work.
>
> Anand
>
> On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Alan Ianson <alanians at telus.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 21:51:29 -0700
>> King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > libidn2 is a replacement for libidn and was just added to current today.
>> >  Did you update?
>>
>> I did update this morning and I do have /usr/lib64/libidn2.so.0.3.1 but
>> there is no /usr/lib64/libidn2.la. Maybe there needs to be one, I'm not
>> sure.

please ignore Ananda's advice (sorry Ananda) or you will likely break
your system.

install instead the libidn2 package that has been added in current:
you have the *.so file because it's included in the upgrade of
aaa_elflibs but you are missing the rest of the stuff (including the
*.la file).

if you are tracking current you have to do (mandatory at each
upgrade), assuming you are using slackpkg to update:

- read carefully the ChangeLog.txt file (this also if you are on stable);

- execute
  slackpkg update
  slackpkg install-new
  slackpkg upgrade-all

- remove the packages tagged as "Removed" in the ChangeLog.txt

Matteo

P.S. Note that current is not supported by SBo so any questions
related to it are more appropriately answered on LQ.