[Slackbuilds-users] KVIRC?

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 09:02:15 UTC 2017

> I got this error building KVIRC, but emailed the maintainer and got an error
> message that his email address is nonexistent.
>
> [ 77%] Linking CXX executable kvirc
> [ 77%] Built target kvirc
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
> Failures:
>   kvirc: kvirc.SlackBuild return non-zero

Hi David, that's not the actual error as you were probably using
multiple make jobs.

I think the error is because you have installed qt5 on your system and
kvirc picks it and tries to build against it, failing: try removing
qt5 and launch the build again.

Upstream has moved to qt5 also if no tarball has been released yet
(last is from 5 years ago)

https://github.com/kvirc/KVIrc

To let it build on current I actually used a git snapshot

http://cgit.ponce.cc/slackbuilds/commit/?h=kvirc

BTW, the maintainer should be reachable at the same account name but
at gmail.com (he got other stuff here, I set him in cc).

Matteo